Last Updated: August 4, 2020
Genesis Datacom (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates https://www.genesisdatacom.com (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. “Personal Information” is any information about one of our Users which could, alone or together with other information, personally identify them or otherwise be reasonably linked or connected with them. Information such as a username and password, an email address, a real name, an Internet Protocol (IP) address, and a photograph are examples of “Personal Information.”
How Genesis Datacom Uses Your Information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- We use your Personal Information to identify you and communicate with you for the reasons you’ve stated in our contact form.
- We use Personal Information to respond to support requests.
- We use Personal Information to identify you in live chat services available on the Site.
- We may use Usage Information and Device Information to better understand how our Users use the Site and to improve the Site and our Service.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to improve and customize our Site.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”).
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and other information in relation to your contact request that you place regarding our services.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Do Not Track signals under the California Online Protection Act (CALOPPA)
Please note that our Site does not support “Do Not Track” browser settings and does not currently participate in any “Do Not Track” frameworks that would allow us to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your personal or non-personally identifiable information.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Genesis Datacom may process your Personal Information because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Under the EEA, you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed about what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our site, provide the site on our behalf, perform site-related services or assist us in analyzing how our site is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Genesis Datacom may be required to disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Disclosures for Legal Requirements
Genesis Datacom may disclose your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Genesis Datacom
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our services
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
COPPA imposes certain requirements on operators of websites or online services directed to children under 13 years of age, and on operators of other website or online services that have actual knowledge that they are collecting personal information online from a child under 13 years of age.
Our Site does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Genesis Datacom enforces a security information program. Our program:
- aligns with industry recognized frameworks;
- includes security safeguards reasonably designed to protect the confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of our user’s data;
- is appropriate to the nature, size, and complexity of Genesis’s business operations;
- includes incident response and data breach notification processes; and
- complies with applicable information security-related laws and regulations in the geographic regions where Genesis does business.
In the event of a data breach that affects your Personal Information, we will act promptly to mitigate the impact of a breach and notify any affected users without undue delay.